Coronavirus COVID-19 – Useful Links to Government Advice
The Isle of Wight Council continues to carefully monitor the situation regarding the virus, alongside partners in Public Health England and the NHS and will keep us updated with relevant information if specific needs arise in relation to Island residents.
There are general principles your staff, volunteers and service users can follow to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available. This is particularly important after taking public transport.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you feel unwell, stay at home, do not attend work or school.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home and work environment.
Please see the following links to official sources of information which you can use to keep up to date. Please remember to recheck the advice periodically as we are all clearly dealing with a changing situation.
NHS Test and Trace:
We are asking people who have had a positive test for COVID-19 (or their parents or guardians), and those who may have had contact with people who have tested positive, to provide some vital information to help us understand and slow the spread of infection. This is called contact tracing and is a very effective method of protecting people and slowing the spread of infectious diseases like coronavirus.
For NHS Test and Trace Please Click Here
Citizens Advice IOW
Other Accredited Sources Of Information:
Latest from the NHS please click here
If you are asked to self-isolate please click here
For frequently asked questions for the public click here
For a useful overview of local and global situation, including updated daily case numbers click here
For information about countries and areas affected and specific advice (including maps) click here
For guidance for organisations providing services in social and community care settings click here
For general guidance for employers and businesses on providing advice to staff click here
For the latest foreign travel advice please click here
Other Helpful Links: