Difficulty paying your bill
We understand that our customers may experience financial problems, particularly in these difficult economic times. If you’re having problems in paying your water bill, we have four help schemes.
Do you need help paying your water bill?
- You may qualify for a minimum 20% discount if your household income is less that £16,105 per annum (not including Personal Independence Allowance, Disability Living Allowance or Attendance Allowance)
- If someone at your address receives Pension Credit, you’ll automatically be accepted onto the tariff and receive a 20% discount
- Could look to cap your water bill if you have a water meter
- Could help you pay off your water debt
- Jobcentre Plus may consider paying us amounts directly from your benefits on your behalf
Priority Services Register
Our Priority Services ensures that people in special circumstances can access water services – such as an audio bill, or extra support if there’s disruption to your water supply.
To ensure we always know who needs Priority Services, we keep a register. We can add you to our Priority Services Register if you, or someone in your household:
Extra support if you, or someone in your household
- Are at a pensionable age with additional needs such as limited mobility
- Have a disability or chronic illness
- Have mental health challenges
- Have a medical condition that means you need additional help (whether long or short term)
- Have difficulty seeing, hearing or communicating
- Require assistance with your water account or want a little extra security in protecting your account
Services we offer:
- Our Priority Services ensures that people in special circumstances can access water services – such as extra support if there’s a disruption to their water supply
- Have your bills sent to a friend or relative, or register a unique password
- Large print, braille bills, CD or digital bills
- Talking bills (have your bills explained to you over the telephone)
Call our free-phone helpline on 0800 027 0800 from 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday or alternatively apply on-line at www.southernwater.co.uk/services-we-offer
Free Water Efficiency Home Visits
Domestic residents can apply for a free water saving visit either online www.southernwater.co.uk/home-visit or by email firstname.lastname@example.org, giving name, full address, contact number and headcount.