11 East Street, Ryde, Isle of Wight PO33 1JR
GPS: 50.7298331, -1.1535367
Friendly fortnightly meet-ups to build community and share heritage.
Do you ever feel lonely or isolated? Are you looking for a new social activity in your local area?
Join us at Monkton Arts in Ryde to meet new people, build friendships and learn more about your local heritage through sharing memories, creative activities and group outings!
Sessions run on alternate Fridays, 12-1pm from 30th August 2019.
Our group is open to all ages, abilities and interests and is FREE to join!
Everyone feels lonely from time to time. It it something we all experience in different ways and at different times in our lives.
You might feel lonely because…
- you have moved somewhere new, maybe for university, after retirement, or to start a new job, and don’t yet know anyone local
- you recently retired and are missing the routine and regular social contact of your job
- you have a large family, but they don’t live nearby
- you have friends and interests, but limited access to transport
- you recently went through a relationship break up or are experiencing a bereavement
- you are a new or single parent or care for someone else and find it hard to maintain a social life
- you have just come out of hospital
- you feel isolated because of mobility problems, along-term health problem or social anxiety
At Memories Brought Home we do everything we can to create a friendly and welcoming environment for everyone.
All our sessions are FREE and we can help with transport if needed.
Talk to Katherine about how to join our session and ask any questions – she’s here to help.